The latest smart security installations are getting more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to forget to perform easy security duties like turning on your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you didn’t have to worry about these chores again? When you implement geofencing in Ogden, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Ogden For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter along the sides of your residence, which you can set up in your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your cell phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements use to share information with each other. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by grouping all components onto one, unified network. You are then able to institute a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your property and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you go past the boundary.
To illustrate, shortly after you pull away from your property, you can instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will inform your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the technologies you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics including TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your property’s security system in Ogden. When you download the security app, you are able to do a lot with automation. Just tap your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart alarms and cameras to operate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to dim to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make particular equipment engage when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat turn on the exhaust fan when the CO detector trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Set a scene: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in harmony together. Make your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks engage when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for movie night with preset light and temperature settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Ogden
Whether you’re looking for extra certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (801) 903-1699 or submit the following form to get started on your optimal security system.